Monday 6 July 2009

Update on the bird with spurs

We kept Summer in a dog crate overnight so we could easily distinguish whether "it" was doodledoing or not. Well I'm so pleased to say that she didn't.
At between 4 and 5 am there was a LOT of clucking about whereas our hens that are inside as they need extra TLC don't tend to make any sound until we start moving around.
I was waiting and waiting for the crowing........but none! Thankfully as it now means I can get attached and enjoy her.
I can only assume that with being a freerange, organic hen that he-she had access to the outdoors from daylight, or maybe even roosted outdoors if was protected by fox proof electric fencing.
I have just NEVER seen spurs like them on a hen but I've learnt something new, I suppose. We'll just have to accept that Summer is a Ladyboy!


Photobucket

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lincs Little Hens

Photobucket

HAPPY EGGS FROM HAPPY RETIRED COMMERCIAL HENS

No comments: