Monday 13 July 2009

Special treat for tomorrow

My hospital girls, Amy, Lexi and Tiny had some today when it cooled down and had huge crops by this evening as it must've been delicious, but the other girls will get theirs tomorrow afternoon. (and prob Amy, Tiny & Lexi will get more)

Firstly I scrambled 15 eggs with 2 tins of drained sweetcorn, then added a scoop of poultry spice and 2 scoops of garlic powder and then a good slosh of fish oils and scrambled it all together.
The last time I made it I was mobbed as soon as I went into their gateway with my stainless steel bowl that they recognise as goodies and one of the girls flew from my garden chair and landed in the bowl so I need to be quick either scattering it or putting the bowl down.

I may make a bit more tomorrow. We've certainly no shortage of eggs. There doesn't look enough to go around. Maybe I should've done 1 egg per bird. I'm still getting used to my quantities as the numbers of birds keep going up.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lincs Little Hens

Photobucket

HAPPY EGGS FROM HAPPY RETIRED COMMERCIAL HENS

No comments: