Friday 5 March 2010

Rest in Peace my darlings

Rest in Peace Newton, Fenella, Amber, Blanche, Amy, Joan and others who were unidentifiable after being savagely destroyed (whilst in a pen) in broad daylight today by a neighbours lurcher who had leapt a 6 foot fence into our garden and then a 2 metre high one to hurriedly escape with a mouthful of feathers once discovered.

We are devastated and in my moment of horror I called 999 as we still had their dog but it escaped back to its own garden. The police switchboard operative was very nice and called me straight back. I was so pleased as worried they may see me as a time waster but I was hysterical.

The Police were informed and immediately sent round a PCSO and have promised to send a proper PC to deal with it asap.

I am hoping to press charges for damages as the Pekin Bantams were show stock of our 8 year old daughters and the ex battery hens were ones we had rescued but had stayed here due to various health problems or simply that we fell in love with them. We want the neighbour to pay for damages and reinforcements to their side of their fence so their dog cannot escape as if we were to add razor wire, we would be in trouble.

It is going to be a busy weekend reinforcing & roofing everything.
If anyone can help with Heras building site panels, please help us as we are a battery hen rescue organisation with the main hens at our home http://www.lincslittlehens.co.uk


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lincs Little Hens

Photobucket

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

No comments: