Monday 8 March 2010

FINGERS CROSSED

Fingers crossed.....that once we receive the £150 compensation from our neighbour for our loss and damage (and yes I know I should have asked for more as everyone keeps telling me) but we will do some fundraising to buy one of the new Eglu Go's which come with a fox proof run and you can even buy extra pegs to hold it down securely as they screw into the ground unlike tent pegs.

The Eglu Go will hold upto 4 recovering birds in complete safety even though they are expensive at £330, they last forever AND hold their price very well as I have seen Eglu's on Ebay reach almost the price of brand new ones. These new ones look easy to clean too.

I can just see the garden in the future with Eglu Go's in a multitude of colours!

So if and when the neighbour pays up, I will start a totaliser on here and a countdown of how much more we need.
We must keep these babies safe who have had such a bad start in life. I feel terrible for saving them from slaughter only for them to suffer fear and death from the killer dog.




We did look at the Eglu Cubes for upto 10 hens but I have a covered area with a hen house which is safe for a few more than that, plus the ladder upto the Eglu Cubes doesn't touch the ground so ex battery hens with weakened legs would not be able to get up there. The idea is good but it needs a few tweaks and also needs the extra 1metre of run included in the price....not at £100 extra for some weld mesh! I would love to get in with their design team and design a Cube for ex batts! The cubes are vastly expensive, I think with the extra 1 metre run which in my opinion is necessary, they are around the £700 mark which I would never pay if it wasn't exactly perfect!

The Eglu Go is as good as perfect......except they don't do it in purple yet but the red looks quite funky. The green is vile ;-)

We have decided to aim for raising £350 so that we can also purchase some of the Omelet screw in pegs for the run to keep it extra safe from predators. Please click the link in the last sentence to see what they are.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lincs Little Hens

Photobucket

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

No comments: