Thursday 20 August 2009

Sad news about the chick :-(

Mini found the poor little chick that fought so hard to escape it's eggshell yesterday, had died this morning.

It's very sad news. The chick was unexpected but we celebrated and then to lose it is awful.
Mini seems very hardened to death though, for a seven year old she is very understanding and accepting of life and death and mature beyond her years in many ways.

Nothing else has hatched so maybe that was it. I'm sad. I wonder if the chick was too warm over night or was stood on. We really are novices at hatching under broodies so I suppose maybe we should have removed it, or removed the others. Last time all was well though and the 2 mothers fussed around while Daddy Pekin was protective as I'm told most Pekin cockerels are (or I would have removed him) Maybe an accident happened in the night or there was something wrong with chicky. We'll never know.

Poor little cheeper. R.I.P Chicky



♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lincs Little Hens

Photobucket

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

No comments: