Tuesday 30 June 2009

Eggs, eggs and more eggs

Wow, We have so far had 370 eggs this month....and may get more this afternoon!
Unbelieveable.
We had so many earlier, I actually made scrambled egg for the chooks as a treat (they love it) I added some garlic powder and poultry spice too. It smelt like Foo Yung from the chinese when it was ready....only thing missing were peas, lol
We really do have to start selling them again. I've made a new sign advertising them at a pound a box (they were previously 60p BUT my friend Karen who lives opposite is selling hers for a pound to benefit Great Ormond Street Hospital so I didn't want to undercut her or I'd have felt guilty.
All our proceeds go to the food for the hens though so we need it too!
Of course our regulars will still get theirs at 60p and the neighbours get free ones. We want to ensure people don't buy battery eggs.

I've been looking on Ellys blog at making mayonnaise and meringues. May have a go one day. I hate mayo but Mank likes it. Ellys blog>> http://kitchen-scraps.livejournal.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lincs Little Hens

Photobucket

HAPPY EGGS FROM HAPPY RETIRED COMMERCIAL HENS

No comments: