Friday 26 June 2009

Amy and todays jobs

Little Amy Henhouse doesn't seem to be doing too well with the flock so she is in the hospital pen outside today. She's lost quite a bit of weight and wonder if she was getting bullied although I never witnessed it, she was very thirsty when I put her to water so she still needs some extra care.

Todays major job is adding brushwood screening down the whole length of the chook pen. We did one area before but then the chook pen grew so I got some more screening as it was reduced in Argos. It's starting to look good although the colour difference between the original stuff and the new stuff is very obvious.

I'm back indoors. The Air Con is on with the huge pipe hanging out the window (like a tumble dryer pipe) but at least it keeps the 'tiels, budgies and parrot cool.

I'm getting 2 Pekin Bantam Hens to add to our daughters personal flock next week. I just got an email to say they are ready. Getting a white one and a lemon one and I'm so excited.


Photobucket

HAPPY EGGS FROM HAPPY RETIRED COMMERCIAL HENS

No comments: